Three cabinet ministers, Minister of finance Mr. Ishaq Dar, Minister of railway Khawaja Saad Rafique, Minister of religious affairs PirAmen ul Hasnat participated in talks from government side. The Dchowk Dharna ended on 30th March 2016 with consensus on following points.
- There is no change underway in PP-295-C at present and neither would it be changed in future.
- The peaceful protesters who are under arrest would be freed.
- There is no question of pardoning the people indicted by courts under blasphemy law PP-295-C
- The list of fourth scheduled is being reviewed and innocent people would be written off of it.
- The cases against Islamic scholars would be reviewed to be called off.
- To stop obscene programs from media, the scholars would submit proofs to Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), the institute responsible for taking action.
- For implementation of Nizame Mustafa (peace be upon him), recommendations are to be submitted to ministry of religious affairs.
Earlier there was complete media black out of Islamabad Dharna in the beginning though the participation was close to a million. Later media started negative only coverage by showing destruction blamed to be done by the protesters. The religious leaders had continuously instructed the participants to remain calm and hand over any miscreant to police. Some images circulated on media showing the destruction without any miscreant. Mr. Awais Noorani blamed the destruction on third party
29 Mar, 2016: Mufti Muneeb Ur Rehman, Chairman moon sighting committee Pakistan, has warned the government against use of power to remove the sit-in.
Leaders of the sit-in at D-Cowk
Following is the list of prominent leaders of the sit-in that is demanding no change should be made to the 295-C Pakistan Panel Code, a law to punish the people who try to insult the Holy Prophet peace be upon him.
Dr. Ashraf Asif Jalali
Dr Jalali is the top leader. He is an Islamic scholar and holds a Ph.D from University of The Punjab, obtained in 2002. He is prolific writer and prior to present sit-in he does not have agitation/politics experience. He strongly backed Pakistan Army in operation against terrorism.
Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi
He is an Islamic Scholar. He came to prominence for backing Mumtaz Qadri Shaheed and gave fatwa that it was right for Mumtaz to kill Salman Taseer, the Punjab Governor.
Sarvat Ijaz Qadri
He is the leader of Pakistan Sunni Tahreek.
What is 295-C Pakistan Panel Code?
The statement is reproduced, available online here.
Use of derogatory remarks, etc., in respect of the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him):
Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine.
Amazing enthusiasm on evening of 28-Mar-2016. Some reports that participants are being denied water supply, food supply and toilets.
The million march in support of Ghazi Mumtaz Qadri Shaheed.
10-Points of Dr. Ashraf Asif Jalali
(Note: This is unofficial translation from Urdu)
1. Islamic laws should be enforced in the country. Pakistan is an Islamic state. Any attempt to make it secular will be retaliated with a call for Jihad.
2. It should be guaranteed that the blasphemy law 295C will not be changed nor will it be made ineffective.
3. 295C should be enforced and all blasphemous who have been convicted by courts, including Asia Bibi, should be hanged as soon as possible.
4. The persons who kill blasphemers out of court should be acquitted from death penalty or paying of blood money as per rulings of the Holy Prophet peace be upon him.
5. Ghazi Mumtaz Hussain Qadri Shaheed should be officially declared martyre in the way of protection of the respect of the Holy Prophet peace be upon him and media should be instructed to use the word Shaheed before his name.
6. The cell in Adiala Jail where Ghazi Mumtaz Hussain Qadri Shaheed spent his last days should be declared a national heritage and a library be established in that cell in his honour.
7. Attacks on mosques, sunni scholars, preachers and course books by secular and Qadiyani movements should be stopped. The sunni scolars who have been registered in fourth schedule and have terrorism case registered against them, should be acquitted immediately and all people arrested under these cases should be released.
8. The secular and Qadiyani people hold top posts in government and the institutions. They should step down and good Muslims and Pakistanies should be promoted to these positions.
9. Media should be cleared of immoral and anti-Islamic programs. All sanctions against Islamic programs must be abolished with immediate effect.
10. All anti-Islam NGOs should be banned in the country.
Interview of Dr. Ashraf Asif Jalali with (reportedly) 92 News.
Q. Sir what do you think should be the ones to negotiate with you so that the protest can end.
A. We have said speaker national assembly Ayaz Sadiq and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar can come to us. The negotiations should be done in the presence of army and the media. That is our proposal to them and we are waiting for their response.
Interview of Dr. Ashraf Asif Jalali with (reportedly) BBC reporter.
Just saw a video claimed to be the interview of leader of protesters at D-Chowk Islamabad, Dr. Ashraf Asif Jalali, with BBC reporter. Here is the translation of the conversation that was in Urdu.
Q: Do prople want to come in this gathering.
A: Yes people want to come here. Many tried to come but were arrested in the way. Strong passion in the people. Inshallah people will reach here.
Q. How about the property losses? Were you involved in it?
A. No we took oath that no one will harm the properties and we have kept our workers calm and peaceful. Despite shelling and firing people remained peaceful. These were there own agents who performed such activities.
Q. What do you think, would army play its role?
A. We hope army will play its role. Anyway our demands lie with the government. We require army just as a guarantee.
Q. If your demands are not met then you would leave?
A. No we are here to stay, continuously.
Q. If army gaurantees but your demands are not met then would you go.
A. Yes if army gaurantees then we will leave but if demands are not met then we would arrive again.
Pictorial coverage of Ghazi Mumtaz Qadri Chehlum attendees.
Chehlum (the prayer of the 40th day) of Ghazi Mumtaz Qadri at Liaqat Bagh Rawalpindi turned into a protest against secularization of Pakistan and diversion from the foundations of Pakistan when the country was separated from united Hindu majority India on the basis that new country will follow the laws based on the teachings of the Holy Quran and sayings of the Holy Prophet peace be upon him.
Moving to D-Chowk Islamabad from Liaqat Bagh Rawalpindi.
The funeral prayer of Ghazi Mumtaz Qadri turned into a sit-in on D-Chowk Islamabad.
Leaders are sitting on float on early morning of 28th March 2016 after a night out.