The PMLN government headed by Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has decided to put the Faizabad agreement behind its back and go ahead with the agenda of anarchy, de-Islamization and rebuttal of founding principles of Pakistan. The protest started by Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi at Faizabad, Islamabad, came to an end on 27th November 2017 after a six point agreement between the federal government and the leadership of Tehreek Labbaik Ya Rasool Allah (TLY) (صلی اللہ علیک وسلم). These points were
- The Federal Minister for law, Zaid Hamid, through whose office the illegal Khatme Nabuwwat amendment was carried out, should resign immediately. TLY will not issue fatwa against him.
- By the grace of Almighty Allah, government has added 7B and 7C in election act and TLY appreciates that. The findings of the senator Raja Zafar ul Haq inquiry report should be made public in 30 days and the persons responsible for the illegal amendment be brought to justice as per county laws.
- All the party workers arrested from 6 November, 2017 till the end of sit-in be freed within 3 days and all restrictions and cases be ended.
- The police action of 25th November, 2017 be investigated through an inquiry board, made with consultation from TLY, and complete its report in 30 days. Due action be taken against persons responsible for it.
- The damage to the public and private property be assessed from 6th November 2017 to the end of sit-in. The provincial and the federal government will pay the damages.
- The points on which Punjab government has agreed (attached herewith) will be acted upon in true spirit.
The agreement was signed on 27 November 2017 from government side by:
- Federal Interior Minister Mr. Ahsan Iqbal
- Interior Secretary Mr. Arshad Mirza
- DG ISI Major General Faiz Hameed
Earlier the government used police operation with 12000 to 18000 strength against 1200 to 1800 sit-in participants. The operation, started on orders of Judge Shoukat Siddiqui, proved utter failure. Eight sit-in participants got Shahadat and hundreds others were wounded. 12000 tear gas shells were used but sit-in could not be ended. Country wide strikes started and the whole country came to a halt. Pakistan Railways operation were halted and all four provinces of Pakistan observed the strike. Government handed the situation to Pakistan Army after failure of Police force. Army refused to use force to end the sit-in and proposed dialogue with participants. As a result DG ISI Major General Faiz Hameed became guarantor to see the agreement be followed as Nawaz Sharif and his cronies have zero credibility, evidenced by their past violation of agreements and dismissal of Nawaz Sharif from high court on corruption charges.
As of 27 March, government refused to public the findings of Raja Zafar ul Haq report. Reportedly, Raja Zafar Ul Haq commended the Faizabad sit-in, the resignation of Zaid Hamid and the agreement between TLY and the government. At present the government has been actively seeking the arrest of Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi. The refusal of the agreement, being between an Islamist party and the government, causes least moral concern for our hypocrite liberals.